For normal people, getting stabbed to death would constitute the end of the road. For Rin Asogi, it’s a mere inconvenience. Rin is immortal, a nice perk to have when you’re a private detective constantly finding yourself in dangerous situations.
Rin has eaten a “time fruit”: a fruit from the guardian tree Yggdrasil, which, when consumed by a woman, makes her unable to die. Rin’s immortality doesn’t stop others from trying to kill her, of course; over her long lifetime she has been shot at, cut up, maimed, tortured, and suffered countless other violent deaths.
This time, it’s different. The year 1990 sparks the beginning of a series of events in Rin’s life that sends her spiraling toward her fate. Someone is hunting down immortal women like Rin, and Rin’s life may be in actual danger.
Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi spans 65 years in Rin’s life, during which she watches those around her get old while she herself remains unchanged. Higher forces are after her, and Rin must use every means at her disposal—or her next death may just be her last.
And it all begins when she goes searching for a lost cat, but finds the amnesiac Koki Maeno instead…
- Type: TV
- Episodes: 6
- Status: Finished Airing
- Aired: Feb 4, 2008 to Jul 7, 2008
- Premiered: Winter 2008
- Broadcast: Unknown
- Producers: VAP, Sotsu, Genco, AT-X,Showgate
- Licensors: FUNimation Entertainment
- Studios: Xebec
- Source: Original
- Genres: Action, Sci-Fi, Horror, Supernatural, Shoujo Ai
- Duration: 45 min. per ep.
- Rating: R+ – Mild Nudity
+ Interesting storytelling “mechanics” (having the story span decades).
+ Several twists and events to keep you interested.
+ Good art and animation.
+ Makes use of fanservice, as opposed to just “having it there”.
+ Soundtrack makes for a nice contrast to the visuals.
+ Interesting character cast.
– Too many unanswered questions at once may leave you very confused.
– Opening and ending themes have a very specific style to them, may not be for everyone.
– Soundtrack doesn’t change all too much with the time skips.
– The levels of violence and nudity may turn you away if you’re not prepared.