AnimeCompleted

Land of the Lustrous

Houseki no Kuni (TV)

MyAnimeList - 8.44
Anilist - 8.3
Kitsu - 8.23

8.3

Average Rating

In the mysterious future, crystalline organisms called Gems inhabit a world that has been destroyed by six meteors. Each Gem is assigned a role in order to fight against the Lunarians, a species who attacks them in order to shatter their bodies and use them as decorations. Phosphophyllite, also known as Phos, is a young and fragile Gem who dreams of helping their friends in the war effort. Instead, they are told to compile an encyclopedia because of their delicate condition. After begrudgingly embarking on this task, Phos meets Cinnabar, an intelligent gem who has been relegated to patrolling the isolated island at night because of the corrosive poison their body creates. After seeing how unhappy Cinnabar is, Phos decides to find a role that both of the rejected Gems can enjoy. Houseki no Kuni follows Phos' efforts to be useful and protect their fellow Gems.

User Rating: 4.45 ( 2 votes)

Information

English: Land of the Lustrous
Japanese: 宝石の国
Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: Oct 7, 2017 to Dec 23, 2017
Premiered: Fall 2017
Broadcast: Saturdays at 21:30 (JST)
Producers: Mainichi Broadcasting System, Kodansha, Movic, AT-X, TOHO animation, Tokyo MX, Q-Tec, Kyoraku Industrial Holdings, BS11
Licensors: Sentai Filmworks
Studios: Orange
Source: Manga
Genres: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Seinen
Duration: 24 min per ep
Rating: PG-13 – Teens 13 or older
Resolution: 720p, 1080p
Type: BD, Eng Sub

Staff

Takahiko Kyogoku – Director
Yukio Nagasaki – Sound Director
Yoko Kuno – Episode Director, Storyboard, Key Animation
Kazuyuki Fudeyasu – Script
More >>

Theme Songs

OP1: “Kyoumen no Nami (鏡面の波)” by YURiKA
ED1: “Kirameku Hamabe (煌めく浜辺)” by Yuiko Ohara (eps 2-7, 9-11)
ED2: “liquescimus” by Tomoyo Kurosawa (ep 8)
ED3: “Kyoumen no Nami (Orchestra Ver.) (鏡面の波(Orchestra Ver.))” by YURiKA (ep 12)

Episode List

01: Phosphophyllite
02: Diamond
03: Metamorphose
04: Soul – Flesh – Bone
05: Return
06: First Battle
07: Hibernation
08: Antarcticite
09: Spring
10: Shiro
11: Secrets
12: New Work

Trailer






Sabre

This show is a hidden gem to be sure. A diamond in the rough if you will.

Himynameischair

Jaw-droppingly gorgeous , and with Studio Orange’s excellent 3D models, makes this a must watch this season!

taciturasa

Industry changing/beautiful CGI, fantastic character designs, intriguing premise and fascinatingly offbeat world. Season’s dark horse.

ShonenJack

It’s 2017 and even the rocks have chronic depression.

Zoos

I love the combination of CGI and traditional animation. The plot is quite intriguing and the genderless characters are great.

Toyhammered

When 90% of your budget is to make fabulous hair! The other 10% is super thin legs and genderless (actually girls) characters!

andybro

This show has no right to be this good considering how crazy the premise is

    Category
    Genres
    Producers
    Season

    dedsec

    I make bad encodes and whine about subs and if I'm feeling particularly memey, I make bad subs too!